How can we improve Kickstarter games?

Statistics: I'd love to know the avg number of winners, avg pounds lost, etc. per game

You could put this info in the FAQ section.

513 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Blaise shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • shenequa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All I'd be concerned to know is the average amount of people who usually complete the challenges and average take home amount. If it's gonna be motivation, we need to really know what we could win. Just one line like, "77 Winners Took Home $150 Each" would be great motivation.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding those statistics would be great but it might also give an advantage to those who are more mathematically inclined. They would place their bet near the end when they can see that the majority of players are at a disadvantage to accomplish their goals.

I have also been digging for the answer to this question. Adding my post to let them know the value to this.

• Aaron Dickinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stephanie - DietBet makes up the difference when a game has a high win rate. They reduce the fee collected to ensure everyone at least makes their money back. It seems to be very rare that happens.

Sritza - your math is wrong. Here's how it would work:

$100 x 110 = $11,000
        -20% (DietBet's portion)
        = $8,800 (to split among winners)

$8800/77 winners (70%) = $114.29

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Likewise I just tried to calculate what hypothetical winnings would be if 90% as was advertised won the pot. (However what is throwing me for a loop is in the rules write up: it states 25% of the pot is used by dietbet to pay the host, organizers, referees etc) if the pot is 18k ish, then that's more than 4k to diet bet. But if 90% won, there isn't enough money left in the pot to return all the 30 dollar each entry fees. Help??

• sritza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So based on what I've seen as comments, if I'm correct, since $100 bets have a 70% win rate and 110 people bet; then out of the hundred 77 people would win about $143. So only a 42% win rate? Correct me if I'm wrong..

The winners from each game should be listed for all to see. This would ensure transparency.

Whilst on that subject i think it would be better to show actual profit from the bets listed winnings without the stake as this misleading currently.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to Aaron's suggestions, some other stats that would be cool: Average $$ won per entry (overall not necessarily specific to any game type). Highest $$ ever won (single entry).

I've played over a dozen games and the common thread I see is that $25 - $35 games have a 50%-60% win rate and the $100 games I run have about a 70% win rate.

Game stats on the page would be awesome - the breakouts by weight, sex and sharing during the game are neat and it would be great if those were also available after the game ends.

• ericakufus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support on the "hard" week. Are there average statistics on how we loose weight? Like, the first week we are excited and loose, the second week to maintain the excitement we should do this... I love the daily things and this replicates it a little, but statistics really motivate me!

Dietbet should implement statistics about users who play: both overall stats and stats for specific games.

examples could be age ranges, lbs lost overall, goal lbs reached, option for public access to personal progress, etc.

I realize much of this is already on here, but a visual representation would help greatly.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it would be helpful to know in general whether the percent of people winning changes is different based on the size of the game.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base