How can we improve Kickstarter games?

have a bet to hold us accountable to working out.

Whether it's incorporated into existing bets, or a seperate bet altogether, I would love to have motivation to go to the gym. Perhaps having an affiliation with gyms across the country, or an app that tracks GPS acceleration for those that work out at home. That would be awesome.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shawn CannonShawn Cannon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KatieKatie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My health insurance company gives us a $20 credit on our gym fees If we go to the gym 12 times a month (~3x a week). It's extra motivation to go every week to get in a workout. Most health insurance companies in MN already partner with local gyms for this health plan benefit, so the technology is there, but it may need to be tweaked. I know Lifetime, Anytime Fitness and the YMCA are included gym locations.

• whitneybailey77whitneybailey77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE a fitness bet or exercise bet or something of the sort! I tried GymPact because it seems like the only option out there, but the payout/reward system is pretty poor and their customer service is non-existent. (other than that their system seems pretty replicable). I love the Dietbet layout, interface, system, community, etc. etc. and feel like it has so much more potential than just for dieting. I'm excited to see this idea is "Planned" and looking forward to seeing it put into action!

• KellyKelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Earndit.com incorporates GPS tracked activity to earn exercise points. This would be a great tool to link up to make exercise challenges. Example: run a minimum of 1 mile per day for 90 days

• Toby DelrahimToby Delrahim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I already do this with a gym pact in the Pact app. Needs a smartphone app (mine is on iPhone), and you do a check-in with GPS and start activity and it runs a timer for at least 30 minutes without leaving to count. Their website and app are pretty weak, dietbet could easily make it smoother, and I like here that you can select different levels, it is all $5 per activity at Pact.

• Kathy MelletteKathy Mellette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think I hit the wrong "button" ....A gym affiliation, with a possible discount using the dietbet logo would be wonderful.

• Chris BennorChris Bennor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be cool! I use a FitBit, so having a certain goal in a week (50,000-60,000 steps per week, perhaps) would be awesome. However, technology could be glitchy - if someone lost their device for example, then they'd be in trouble).

Feedback and Knowledge Base