How can we improve Kickstarter games?

Make the games searchable by start date!

If I have a specific date in mind I want to start a challenge (i.e. New Year's Day, birthdate, first Monday of the month, etc.) it would be great to be able to search for an existing game by the starting dates instead of sorting through "future games". That way I can quickly know if I need to start a new one myself!

404 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EmilyEmily shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • janetbravejanetbrave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be helpful to Find Games and sort/filter them based on 1-Number of players 2- size of pots 3- date started 4- most popular

• RonajohnsonRonajohnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, it would awesome to have a better filter which includes these components:
        - sort by bet amount
        - sort by current total pot
        - sort by start date
        Thank you! :)

• DatadrivenDatadriven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to search games by date rather than pot size. I would prefer to see games that are about to start and many times because of the small pot size, I take longer to find games I want to enter if I find them at all. This may also help to increase the pot size of these smaller games by increasing its visibility.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just started and the site is overwhelming... Trying to find the next Game that starts is very difficult, I am more interested in what date it starts on than the days that are left. Its a daunting thought to start a weight loss program if everyone else is already 30 days in.... Not that its a contest, but you want an accurate assessment as to where your progress is in relation to the rest...

• Gail LevineGail Levine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been with Diet Bet since April 2013 and this still is one of my all time top concerns. I don't know why there couldn't be a sort function where we could do this instead of having to scroll through. The pot size really is meaningless because we are in competition with ourselves. However, joining multiple Diet Bets which start and end on the same date are important to many of us who are really committed to reaching our goals. This shouldn't be all that difficult to program.

• ValerieValerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play 3 DietBet 4 games together, and towards the end of these games, I begin to look for 3 more to join. It is very hard to find 3 that have just started or 3 that will start in a day or two as the only way to sort them is by bet amount rather than date to start, or in the case of "just started" how much time left.

• LeahLeah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. Currently games are listed by pot size rather than start date.

• ValerieValerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please make this change! It would make it a lot easier to find the game time frame that works best, especially when one is already in more than one game. I am sure it would make more people join more games at once!

Still not implemented or commented on yet by Diet Bet. Not sure why being able to sort by start date is such a big software challenge. It would make doing multiple Diet Bets much easier. I know many of us have been asking for this for a long time. Diet Bet has made many other changes that have been suggested by users. They are very receptive, but this is LONG overdue...been Diet Betting for over a year now, and have been in 42 games and still have to scroll through the long list of games to find ones that are all starting around the same time. The size of the pot isn't really relevant and no indication that you will end up winning more at the end of the bet. Being able to search by start date and to know the ending dates up front would be more than helpful...pretty much essential in this day and age. Please Diet Bet...let us know what the holdup or resistance is.

I would like to be able to search for games on the "Find Games" page by date rather than the size of the pot. I like to do DB4 games that all start on the same date, or close to the same date. Often you have to scroll through pages and pages to find games on the same date. It is a much better way than just seeing (starts in 3 days, etc.) This has been a long time request.

• sgdjrennekesgdjrenneke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I want this, too. I would like to search for date bet starts, amount of bet, # of players, name of host, amount in pot to date!

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur that there needs to be several ways to sort/filter the list of games, past, present or future.

• sgdjrennekesgdjrenneke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to search dietbets for starting date, ending date, host, current pot size, amount of bet, current number of players.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base