How can we improve Kickstarter games?

Make new games varying the percentage lost, instead of just 4%

As I am close to my weight loss goal, I do not want to jump in and lose 4% in a month, or even a full 10% in 6 months. I would love a game where I could lose 2% a month, which is doable for me at this point. Some of us may only have 10% (or less) left to lose and it would be nice to have a game that we can do, that takes the weight loss a little slower.

139 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christie Loop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • crecutts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A 2% game would be great. While I appreciate it would be easier and less potential for winning I think it would encourage more people to play more games. Eg. I did a 4% bet and scraped a win this month but I don't think 8% over 2 months is achievable for me so I will leave it a while before playing another.

• Jessi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Losing more than 2 lbs a month is typically going against medical advice.

• Karen van B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hoping for something like this as well. I'm a female in my 60's and 4% is 2.5 lbs p/week at my current weight. Thats a little aggressive by most standards (but I'll do it! :)) I was thinking of a game for women losing 3%.

• Jenn brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I'm 133 pounds 5'1" so for me, I'm only 8-10 lbs from my ultimate goal but the pace of 4% in a month is not really doable when you get down to the last of your weightloss goals. And 10% is just too much to lose no matter the time frame. BMI range bets for less percentage would be awesome!

• highwaynation commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or keep the 4% over a longer period than a month, so 3 months or make it a maintenance bet for seasoned dietbetters?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My husband has already lost 24% of his body weight and losing 4% in a month would be close to impossible at this point, but he does have about 4% left. I think a 2% over a months or 4% over two months would be awesome.

• Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem with 'loosening' the difficulty level is that it becomes easier for more people to win, thus reducing the likelihood that there will be much in the way of any winnings. With DietBet's fees, this also causes them to lose $$$ especially with their new policy on winnings. I suggested (in a different post) creating new games that only allow players to join based on their BMI ranges. This way you are competing with players with similar weight loss goals - but you can still make it challenging!

• susankjvj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I am also near my total goal. 2 % is not only doable, to me it's healthier, because I believe it's easier to maintain.

Feedback and Knowledge Base