How can we improve the mobile experience?

Develop an API

With an API you would enable third party developers to build apps for other mobile platforms like Windows Phone and Windows 8, as well as apps that provide a different view into a game (i.e. provide more statistical insight than you offer).

Since it seems you guys are not committed to building apps beyond Apple products, this would be a great way to expand your reach onto other platforms without the need to commit internal resources. Ultimately, you guys benefit from the APIs of other services like Runkeeper and Fitbit so maybe it's time to give back.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Mike responded  · 

Joe,

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely a fan of this. While an API isn’t in the near-term roadmap, we already have an Android app in the works along with a revamped iOS build that fixes and improves a ton of the functionality.

I’ll add the API to the queue for review as that would be incredible and is just a matter of time.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Mike
    Dietbet Referee

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great Idea. I just heard of you today from the radio show called the Bert Show. My first thought was to integrate my weigh ins with FitBit or WithThings or any of the other IoTs

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's awesome! Looking forward to this. Obviously being a software developer I'd love to make an app when this is available.

Feedback and Knowledge Base