Transformer Feedback

Please use this forum to provide feedback, ideas, bugs, and anything else you want to share about your experience playing in our new DietBet 10 game.

If you prefer to keep you feedback private, email support@dietbetter.com instead. Thank you for helping us make DietBet 10 even better!

How can we improve Transformer games?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Require DietBet10 participants to pay at least HALF the total amount up front.

By the fifth round, there could technically be NO pot at all, if only the winners are left in the game. People drop out as they become discouraged, sometimes, rather than dig in and keep trying. Not only would the "half-the-amount" commitment encourage people to continue trying, and be more likely to succeed, it would ALSO more properly reward those who do.

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Game Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Round winnings should be credited to your account immediately so you can use them on other games.

If you win a round, that round's winnings should come back at that point. 5 months into the game there could be $75-$100 in winnings that can't be reinvested into other games because they are locked up.

Freeing up the dough means more players will play more games. Since DB gets a cut of every bet, more bets means more money for DB too!

121 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Game Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Healthier weight loss goals

Losing 3% of your weight in your first month might be easy for those just starting their diets, but for people who have been dieting for weeks or months it is too high. If I am to lose 3% in the first month to win round 1 I need to lose just over 2 pounds a week(I weigh 268), which is above what dietitians recommend for most folks, and certainly a hard goal in any case. I think the Round goals for winnings should be

Round 1
        2.5%
        180 pounds(4.5 lb), 250(6.25 lb)

Round 2
        2.5%

Round 3
        2%

Round…

37 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          7 comments  ·  Game Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • It would be easier to reconcile the max weight loss if the games were closer in length.

Maybe a 4 month game would be more manageable than a 6 month game, since there wouldn't be as much divergence between the goals of the 28 day/4% game and the longer 10% loss. 4 months would still support the "slow and steady" weight loss that you get approaching maintenance, but would reduce the chance of conflicts for those still playing the 4% games. Something to consider...3%-3%-2%-2%?

10 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            7 comments  ·  Game Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Increase max weight loss restrictions for DB10 games

Currentlu, DB10 games have a max weight loss of 30% of body weight. That sounds like a lot, but I actually was concerned about losing too much. I understand the importance of healthy weight loss, but it is possible to lose a little more than 30% of your weight in 6 months healthily.

I started out at 350. If I had started a DB10 when I began dieting in June, I would have to ensure that I didn't get below 245 by December. November now and I'm down to 260 and likely to hit 245 by my 6 month mark.…

10 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Game Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Post the specific No-Lose Guarantee for DB10s

Can you edit the rules or "how it works" page for DB10s to clearly state the No-Lose Guarantee and what it means? Too many people think that if they lose a round, they have to drop out of the game. More people would keep going if they knew they could get it all back. Make the guarantee easier to find.

7 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Game Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Why aren't measurements as good as scales?

A few suggestions here to have an option to include measurements. The argument that people don't have access to sophisticated measurement tools (such as a measuring tape and a diagram of where to measure?) doesn't fly with me; very few scales are going to be accurate, either, and even less so when it comes to body composition. A person's weight can fluctuate over five pounds in one day.

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  5 comments  ·  Game Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Don't see your idea?

Transformer Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base