How can we improve Transformer games?

Weigh-In Areas Differ

When I weigh myself on a hardwood floor versus a carpeted area, I weight approximately 50 pounds more. It would be very simple for some one to take a picture of the scale of a hardwood floor, then a carpeted one and claim that they lost 50 pounds, when in all reality, the surface you weigh yourself on may drastically change the weigh-in results. They should be a precaution or rule that you must way yourself in the same area as before to keep results accurate.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LundeenetcLundeenetc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I moved to a new house in the middle of a six-month Dietbet. It's common sense not to use a scale on carpet--as long as the scale is on a hard surface it should be the same.

• akane20akane20 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a customer service issue. It should, of course, be clearly stated in the rules, but you would also hope that honest players would use their common sense to find a good weigh-in area for their photo. Also, I'm guessing that Dietbet staff will reject photos on carpets, but you just don't hear about it that often. :D

• TeaTea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

isn't it obvious that you wouldn't put a scale on carpet (or any softer surface) ?? or is that just me... cause it sinks in and it can never give you a right number... but any hard floor (tile, wood, laminate...) should give the same number i guess. for the full length picture i can understand that sometimes u need another place where u have the space so that's ok i guess but the picture of the number and word should always be on a hard floor

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I usually take a picture of my weight when the scale is standing on tiles and my fullbody picture on carpet, because that's where my only floor length mirror is. I hope that isn't considered cheating? :/

• jhostmanjhostman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got a new job that will require me to be out of town for a few weeks - so this isn't even remotely feasible for me. I can take my scale, sure, but I can't take my floor.

• elkfordianelkfordian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just on vacation and weighed in from our travel trailer. The floor was different. This idea isn't practical for this reason.

• Hanan AmmarHanan Ammar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem with that is if you are traveling. I will be traveling for 3 months beginning in June. I plan to join the Transformer starting in June (or possibly May). There is no way I could do all the weigh ins i9n the same place. I could have a similar floor type (for example tiles and laminate flooring) but that is as close as anyone traveling could get.

Feedback and Knowledge Base