How can we improve Transformer games?

I think you need to Limit the Weekly Weigh In Prizes to only 1 per person.

It only costs $20 to buy the tokens so 1 prize per person should be sufficient for anyone. It makes no sense for one person to get multiple prizes.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dale WilliamsDale Williams shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brenna MadisonBrenna Madison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want bring this back to the Dietbet team. The same 3-4 people keep winning, which makes these tokens a waste of my money. Let everyone have a chance, not the same couple people.

• lyndagoodchild1lyndagoodchild1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can win multiple times in lotteries and for$1.00 you can win millions.
        You may win multiple times in one game and never win again .

• mrsdianna1202mrsdianna1202 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree. While I understand the frustration of seeing people win mulitple times, there is way less motivation if you can't. Why buy 20 tokens and keep doing htese official wiegh ins?
        I didn't buy them for my first Transformer, but if I do another one I definitley would. But, would have to rethink it if this rule goes into effect.
        I guess it might help to know how many people submit with tokens, or even buy them, and also how the "random" drawings are done.

• jhostmanjhostman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think maybe a better solution would be showing how many people actually *bought* the tokens - because out of 1000 people, maybe only 30 people paid for tokens, so that's how you're ending up with repeat winnings. Also, I think I'd be very disinclined to buy tokens if I was disqualified from winning again after the first drawing.

• SusieSusie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No!!!! This is my incentive to officially weigh in once a week! Don't take away my incentive to weigh in!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess I can see this as reasonable. But I have to point out one downside -- the point of the raffle is to buy extra motivation for yourself to weigh in regularly. Once you win a prize (for some people, the very first week), all further motivational benefit would be completely lost. Perhaps, instead of being disqualified entirely for future prizes, you could apply a formula that DIMINISHES their chances of winning again but doesn't eliminate it entirely. Like, if you win a prize, you are now 25% less likely to win again -- but at least the possibility (and the motivational value) remains. You could apply a multiplier factor to each participant to achieve that result.

• schalk7schalk7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's fine to limit weekly weigh in prizes to 1 per person per game, but I think that person should get a refund on any unused tokens. I don't think it would be right that they've paid for 20 tokens with the expectation that they would be eligible for a prize each of 20 weeks and, if they win a prize the first week, they essentially have 19 useless tokens that they have paid for.

• Toby DelrahimToby Delrahim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is actually pretty demotivating. I won a prize two weeks ago, and it sucked the energy out of me to do them each week as I thought I would be ineligible for another prize. I think they should all be explicitly listed as separate drawings.

• Laura BangasserLaura Bangasser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree whole heartedly!!! I'm only in month 2 of my 6 month, and there are already at least 2 people who have won multiple prizes. This seems highly unlikely considering there are almost 1000 people in the DB. It feels unfair and almost useless to weigh in if you aren't one of the "Chosen Ones"!

• Gail LevineGail Levine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Diet Bet10 Beta game, there were 4 or 5 people that won multiple prizes during the course of the 6 months. I completely agree. The value of the prizes almost exceeded the $150 that we won during the course of the 6 months for all 6 rounds. The game had less than 200 people in it, so I was wondering why the same people kept winning prizes again and again. It doesn't seem fair.

Feedback and Knowledge Base