How can we improve Transformer games?

Tokens don't expire

Weigh-in tokens that can be valid in ANY game at ANY time...not just the single game you bought them in.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Claire M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is wordy and I realize that I am in the minority here but I actually don't agree that they should carry between games. The tokens serve two purposes - they're supposed to get you to submit a verified weigh in every week to keep accountable. They're also a raffle drawing for a prize.

It defeats the first purpose if you can keep the tokens for the next game - if you have some left, it means you're not weighing in every week. That's part of the deal.

It also messes up the raffle concept if you're allowed to pick and choose the weeks you enter. They have to issue at least one prize per week, those costs are fixed and presumably the cost of the prizes are at least partially covered by the purchase of tokens. But allow me to carry my tokens over and I might choose to weigh in only once every two weeks. I might deliberately only pick weeks where only a few other people have entered the prize draw, to maximize my chances of winning. So I weigh in half as much, I stretch my tokens over two games. If everybody does that, they still have to issue the same amount of prizes (50 over two games) BUT they only have half the income from the tokens. So either the quality of the prizes will have to suffer or their expenses increase - which means their fee for everyone - 25% from the pot - would have to increase.

I think what DietBet COULD do a better job on is explaining very clearly how they work BEFORE you buy them. There are always questions in new games from players who have no clue why they just bought tokens. They think they needed them in order to weigh out and win the monthly pots. That isn't acceptable. DB need to make it very clear that the tokens cannot be carried over and that by buying them you are also committing to the other half of that deal (the weekly weigh in part) in order to enter the draws. They could send reminder notifications and emails on Wednesdays (or even Tuesdays, or the weekend before, whatever). They could make it impossible to accidentally use two tokens from the same game in one week. Doing those things would stop people from feeling ripped off.

I remember being very clear on the fact that they couldn't be carried over when I purchased them but I'm pretty sure I went digging around in the rules to find that info. I wasn't impressed with the fact that the box was automatically checked for their purchase either.

They could allow the purchase of less than 25 tokens, at a reduced cost, if you decide to purchase later in the game when less than 25 weeks remain. They could allow monthly players to buy tokens just for that month rather than the whole 25 (but they would have to expire that month). If they don't expire or you let people buy smaller numbers (i.e. less tokens than weeks remain) you have this problem where the tokens can be spread more thinly but DietBet still has to issue the same number of prizes regardless.

It IS frustrating if you've paid for something you can't use. It MUST be made clear when you buy them that they're essentially worthless without a weekly weigh in to go with them and then you can make an informed decision - can I weigh in (nearly) every week for the next 25 weeks? If you know you can't, you don't buy them.

• Scott Dukowitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whoa! I was seriously considering buying tokens for verified weigh ins but I had NO idea they could ONLY be used in a single game. I'm not even sure i understand this completely because one unverified weigh in update usually translates through all my games.
        Not sure i understand - one comment infers that if I have 5 current games that I could eat up 5 tokens with a single weigh in and the rest of the comments state the tokens expire. I'll definitely be passing for now on something I thought might be a good idea.

• Virginia Franceschi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel the same way. I have 3 transformers running simultaneously...one weigh in could eat 3 of them per week and then I could just buy more to replenish but because I would have to spend $20 extra per game upfront and risk not using so many I wont be buying anymore either after this game.

• Lysa Byous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! I was just getting the game under my bet when I realized that I had forgot to use the tokens. I'd love to use them this round.

• Nell Berens Prosise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought tokens for weighing in in a previous game. I didn't use them. I understand they are non-refundable. But could they roll over into the new game I'm starting?

• Dieter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I didn't realize they expired or I wouldn't have bought them in my first Transformer. What a waste of money. I didn't bother this time around.

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree! We'd still be spending money on tokens, and we wouldn't be losing out on using them. For now I'm not buying any tokens anymore, which is just lost money for the Diet Bet company.

Feedback and Knowledge Base