How can we improve Transformer games?

Have a competition for maintenance only open to former diet bet winners at their goal weight.

Since the key to dieting is maintenance for long term success - It would be nice to be able to stay with diet bet even once the weight is lost and have a forum to stay competitive keeping the weight off. I realize this might be tough to monitor - so perhaps it should be open to prior contestants who have won from diet bet? Sure would be nice to be held accountable at maintenance too.

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SondraSondra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, but it shouldn't just be for those who have reached a final, healthy weight. It should be open to those who have lost weight and want to maintain progress so far, but who aren't ready to tackle another dietbet at the moment.

• RobinRobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came to the forum to suggest this too! Losing weight is difficult for me but keeping it off is even more difficult. I'd love to know that after I've lost the weight I would like to lose or even between weight loss DB games that I could participate in a maintenance DB game to help keep me accountable and to keep me from backsliding.

• TawnyTawny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Dietbet has been incredibly motivating for me, so I'm worried that getting to my goal weight would remove this really effective motivation. Would love to be supported through the entire process, including the first year or two of maintenance.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've learned just recently how important such an added type of game could be! Would LOVE to have this one considered as a specific implementation of the broader 'create a maintenance game' idea on which work has already started. This seems like a good way to handle it. :D

• Laura HicklingLaura Hickling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who has yo-yo'd for the past 20 years, I'd like to put my "weight" behind this idea... As hard as it is to lose weight, it's so much harder to keep it off. Thank you!

• Bonnie KlohsBonnie Klohs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get this started for those of us who are almost at our goal and maybe get some new members too!

Feedback and Knowledge Base