How can we improve Transformer games?

Separate Official weigh-in details and reminders in Email Settings

Please separate "Official weigh-in details" and "reminders" in email settings. I understand why Official weigh-in details is required, and I want to receive emails to remind me that I need to weigh-in, or that my weigh-in was accepted.

It is really annoying though that I receive so many "Reminder: Weigh in regularly" emails, sometimes two days in a row, sometimes twice in the same day, often the day after I just submitted an official weigh-in. I want to change my Dietbet email to my spam email instead of my regular one but I'm afraid I will miss an official weigh-in!

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James Hostile shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • sha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed!

I've unfortunately had to mark everything that comes from DietBet as "spam" in my gmail account because I get a dozen junk emails a week from DietBet, even though I only have the two required notification categories selected (When the start date changes (Required) and Official weigh-in details and reminders (Required)). That could harm the company by getting their stuff auto-sorted as spam in the future for other people's accounts. I'd rather just be able to go control which categories of emails I receive.

In my opinion, appropriate required emails:
        * Game receipt, payment info, payment problems
        * You won/lost
        * You must weigh in/out now, weigh in problems/you must weigh in again

Example emails that should be in separate categories:
        * Reminder: Weigh in regularly (spam)
        * Play again! (spam)
        * <name>, would you like to lose <num> pounds? (spam)
        * <Game you've been invited to> has begun! (misleading spam)
        * Your game is almost over! (Unnecessary but arguably the same category as the above required ones)
        * Weigh-in received / weigh-in verified (should be a separate category)

Thanks for reading!

Feedback and Knowledge Base